April 15, 2010

My Huzzz-Band

I ate too much today. Not actually too much as in quantity, but as in my eyes were bigger than my stomach. Since I've been eating healthier my body has adjusted by getting full faster at each meal and with less food. But after spending an hour at Borders perusing vegan cookbooks I was so hungry ... drove home and immediately downed a huge pomelo, a bowl of Sweet Potato-Lentil Stew w/ quinoa & a slice of Peanut Butter Pie ... oh, in like 15 mins flat! Those items are not unusual for what I would eat in a typical day now ... but spaced pretty evenly throughout the entire day. Ugh ... I feel so bloated and sick now ... uuuuuuuuuuuugh ... that was about 7 hrs ago ... I still feel nauseous. I can't look at anything food related for the rest of my day. Well ... I might be eating some wheat crackers as I type this ... but whatever ... that totally doesn't count.

So ... I'm going to talk about something else today. In my first posting I promised I would also write about my life in general ... I am beginning to see that all the separate components of life are really just all intertwined together (apparently it has taken 34 yrs for this light bulb to come on) ... that everything effects everything else. And yes ... my new vegan way of eating is affecting everything. My weight, yes. My skin, yes. My health, yes. My way of thinking, yes. My home, yes. My marriage, yes. My outlook on life, yes. My spiritual leanings, yes. My future, yes. Really, honestly ... all because of what I've been putting into my mouth. I look forward to sharing this with you guys, with my husband and with any little rug rats that I may spring forth from my loins someday. (Ohhh yes, I plan on raising little Vegan Bundles of Joy and I'm very sorry for just using the word LOINS).

With that being said ... my husband ... I am going to sing him some praises now! I may very well have The. Best. Husband. In. The. World. He is amazing. Not because he is perfect or because he is the perfect husband ... but because he is perfect for me. He is always loyal and supportive, he is always my best friend, he always tries his best to make me happy ... and he never asks for much in return. He loves me no-matter-what ... even when I am being terribly unlovable ... and I have been very unlovable many times throughout the last 3 years. To say that marriage was a hard pill for me to swallow would be the understatement of the year ... but my husband is a rock and I am the luckiest woman to have him. Oh ya baby ... times-are-a-changin'.


My All-American Hero (and our babies).


BFF's Fo Life Yo.

Yesterday my AAH (All-American Hero) finished up some landscaping in the front of the house. He brought me outside to show me and I started blubbering like a baby. Not because it is some spectacular Extreme Home Makeover, but because I loved that he had done it all for me. He always tells me that he wants to make the house nice for me so that I will love it and be happy here ... and when I saw what he did I just melted. He has done amazing things with our backyard too ... but seeing the front of the house ... the "Home" part of it ... the part that I see every time I pull into my driveway ... I was just so giddy. I cried with joy. Now that I think about it ... I don't think I've ever cried with joy before ... so I was definitely havin' a moment! I told him what I loved most about it was that he had done it himself. There are lots of nice houses and yards around us ... but the fact that my husband did it all, from the design to the labor ... it meant that much more to me. I love it ... really, really love it! I can't wait to see what it looks like in a year or two when everything starts to mature and bloom. For the first time I can really imagine starting our family in this house ... and that is saying a lot!!!


The front of our house when we moved in, July 2006.


The front of our house as of yesterday, April 2010.


The newest additions ... can't wait for it to fill in!


Cute new shrub ... Red Butterfly Milkweed.


Our baby Japanese Maple.

Cheers to you BB ... iFAT!

Brunch: Oatmeal w/ dried fruit, almond slivers, rice milk & flax oil
Late Lunch: Pomelo, Sweet Potato-Lentil Stew w/ quinoa & Peanut Butter Pie
Snack: Wheat Crackers


Oatmeal w/ dried blueberries, apricots, slivered almonds, rice milk & flax oil.

3 comments:

  1. I love what your husband did to your home! It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog! yay for California, strawberries and veganism!

    NBC

    ReplyDelete