May 10, 2010

Mommas

I am on full alert. My madre is coming into town in two days and I want (must/need) to make sure everything is perfect for her. She's been reading my blog and looking at all the pictures of my food and new found love for cooking ... so I hope I live up to her culinary expectations! My mom has done so much for me over the years ... I hope the least I can do is make her a decent meal or two. XOXO mama ~ wo ai ni!


Sicilian Collard Greens (The Kind Diet). I made the Superhero version with shoyu & pumpkin seeds & served it over brown rice.


Baked Plaintains ... topped with cinnamon & a bit of sea salt. So good!


Fried Udon Noodles (The Kind Diet). I added broccoli & mushrooms to the recipe.


Clean, Mean Burritos (The Kind Diet).


Banana Oat Pancakes topped with Red Raspberries. OMG.

Speaking of mommas ... Mother's Day brunch was vegan and delicious! I made spring rolls, my mother-in-law made fruit salad and my sister-in-law brought vegan red velvet cake! It was lovely and not a single animal was harmed for our celebration. Yay!


Spring Rolls & Fruit Salad.


Vegan Red Velvet Cake from Alcove.


Me, my MIL, my SIL and future nephew.

4 comments:

  1. Wow you made so much and it all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your mom will love everything! How could she not??... look how delish that all looks! Have a fun visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will do great, i'm sure! Those Sicilian collard greens look ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! :) Have a fun visit with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that you will be with family. I am sure she will be happy with everything you make. Can't wait to read about her visit!

    ReplyDelete